The Eyes Have It (M.C.Q.)
1)According to Ruskin bond, the best time for visiting hills is –
- September b) October
- November d) December [H.S. = 2015]
Ans. [b] October.
2) The blind girl said that she would get off at –
a) Nainital b) Musoorie
c) Dehra d) Saharanpur [H.S. = 2016]
3) The blind girl said that she loved the –
a) tree b) animals
c) hills d) forests [H.S. = 2017]
Ans. [c] hills.
4) The narrator had the compartment to himself up to –
a) Saharanpur b) Dehradun
c) Rohana d) Musoorie [H.S. = 2018 & 2022]
Ans. [c] Rohana.
5) The girl in the train compartment thought the narrator to be –
a) gallant b) serious
c) gallant and serious d) pretentious [H.S. =2019 & 2022]
Ans. [c] gallant and serious.
6) What tantalized the narrator was the –
a) ringing laugh of the girl b) sweet talk of the girl
c) melodious voice of the girl d) perfume of her hair [H.S. = 2020]
Ans. [d] perfume of her hair.
Strong Roots (M.C.Q.)
7) One of the forebears of Kalam’s mother was awarded by the British the title of –
a) Bahadur b) Raibahadur
c) Padmashree d) Bharat Ratna [H.S. = 2015]
Ans. [b] Raibahadur
8) Kalam’s father would take him to the mosque for –
a) pre-dawn prayer b) evening prayer
c) mid-day prayer d) afternoon prayer [H.S. = 2016]
Ans. [b] evening prayer.
9) Abdul Kalam’s ancestral house was built in –
a) mid 19th century b) late 19th century
c) early 20th century d)early 19th century [H.S. = 2017 & 2022]
Ans. [a] mid 19th century.
10) The coconut grove where Abdul Kalam’s father used to walk down every morning was about –
a) One and half miles b) Three miles
c) Four miles d) Four and a half miles [H.S. = 2018]
Ans. [c] Four miles.
11) Abdul Kalam’s father would convey complex spiritual concepts in simple down-to-earth –
a) Arabic b) Urdu
c) Tamil d) Telegu [H.S. = 2019 & 2022]
Ans. [c] Tamil.
12) The words of Abdul Kalam’s father filled him with strange energy and –
a) relief b) enthusiasm
c) perseverance d) determination [H.S. =2020]
Ans. [b] enthusiasm.
Thank You Ma’am (M.C.Q.)
13) The lady picked up the boy from the street by holding his –
a) trousers b) shirt-front
c) wrist d) arm [H.S. = 2015]
Ans. [b] shirt-front.
14) Mrs. Jones gave the boy –
a) five cents b) five dollars
c) ten cents d) ten dollars [H.S. = 2016]
Ans. [c] ten dollars
15) The boy wanted to buy –
a) blue suit shoes b) black suede shoes
c) blue suede shoes d) black suit shoes [H.S. = 2017]
Ans. [c] blue suede shoes.
16) Bending over the sink the boy Roger asked Mrs. Jones whether she was going to –
a) take him to jail b) punish him
c) reward him d) take care of him [H.S. = 2018]
Ans. [a] take him to jail.
17) On entering the room Mrs. Jones asked to Roger –
a) eat dinner b) comb his hair
c) wash his face d) take rest for a while [H.S. = 2019]
Ans. [c] wash his face.
18) Mrs. Jones wanted to teach Roger –
a) right from wrong b) what was right
c) what was wrong d) what he should be [H.S. = 2020]
Ans. [a] right from wrong.
Three Questions (M.C.Q.)
19) The Tsar asked the hermit –
a) one question b) two questions
c) four questions d) three questions [H.S. = 2015]
Ans. [d] three questions.
20) The bearded man was wounded by –
a) the Tsar’s son b) the Tsar’s friend
c) the Tsar himself d) the Tsar’s bodyguard [H.S. = 2016]
Ans. [d] the Tsar’s bodyguard.
21) The hermit was –
a) tall and weak b) short and weak
c) frail and strong d) frail and weak [H.S. = 2017]
Ans. [d] frail and weak.
22) The hermit received none but –
a) Emperors b) Knights
c) common folk d) the Tsar [H.S. = 2018]
Ans. [c] common folk.
23) The wounded man was actually –
a) enemy of the hermit b) enemy of the Tsar
c) friend of the Tsar c) disciple of the hermit [H.S. = 2019 & 2022]
Ans. [b] enemy of the Tsar.
24) The most necessary man is he –
a) will whom you work b) will whom you are
c) will whom you live d) who helps you in trouble [H.S. =2020]
Ans. [b] with whom you are.