A)By Using Particle:
- He must go to the doctor. He returned home.
2. He was weary of failure. He emigrated to Africa.
3. The traveller received no answer. He knocked on the door for a second time.
4. He was very tired. He sat down under a tree to take a rest.
5. The hermit took pity on the mouse. He turned into a cat.
6. He was going to the market. He met with his old friend on the way.
7. I did not answer his questions. He spoke it quietly.
8. The letter was badly written. I had great difficulty in making out its content.
9. He did not help me. Rather he was angry with me.
10. The man entered the room. He was highly surprised.
11. The boy finished his homework. Then he went to play on the field.
12. He saw a farmer. He was ploughing
13. The crow stole a piece of meat. She flew to a branch of a tree to enjoy it.
14. The stone rolls. It gathers no moss.
15. A hungry fox saw some bunches of grapes. They were hanging from a vine.
16. I have no dictionary. So I cannot look up the meaning of the word.
17. Manish went to market. He bought a fish.
18. He made a mistake. He was sorry.
19. The policeman is honest. He will not accept the bribe.
20. He was afraid. He could not speak anything.
21. The house was ruined. It should be renovated.
22. He was looking for Valuable papers. They were lost.
B)By using Nouns or Phrase in Apposition:
1. Saurav Ganguly is the pride of India. He led the Indian team for about five years.
2. The Gita is the most sacred religious book of the Hindus. It is a part of the Mahabharata.
3. Digha is now a popular tourist spot. It is situated in Medinipur.
4. John Keats was a great English poet. He wrote the poem ‘Ode to Greecian Urn’.
5. Coal is a very useful mineral. It was hard, bright, black and brittle.
6. Kalu is my faithful dog. I love him much.
7. Police arrested the man. He was a notorious burglar.
8. Narendra Modi delivered a speech. He was the prime minister of India.
9. Gour was once the capital of India. It is now a heap of ruins.
10. Tagore’s most famous work is the Gitanjali. It is a collection of short poems.
11. Alexander was the king of Macedon. He invaded India.
12. The Himalayas are the highest mountain in the world. They are in the north of India.
13. Mr Mohan Lal lives in Garia. He is a headmaster. It is a large town.
14. His only son died before him. He was a lad of great promise.
15. The Koran is the most sacred religious book of Musalmans. It was revealed to Muhammad. He is the prophet of Islam.
16. Your son is a mere boy. He could not compete with my son. My son is older by five years.
17. He saw the picture. It is a very fine piece of art.
18. Anand Singh was by caste a Thakur. He was the headman of his village.
19. Akbar was a great emperor of India. He preached ‘Din-E-Illahi’.
20. Hiller was the dictator of Germany. He committed suicide.
21. Virat Kohli is the Captain of team India. He is now in an off form.
22. Durga puja is the most fantastic festival of Bengalees. It is held in October.
C) By using Absolute Phrases:
1)My Mother is ill. I have to do the home task myself.
2. Money is tight due to lockdown. Business is suffering.
3. The bell rang. The teachers entered their classes.
4. The examination was over. The candidates went away.
5. The sun has risen. The fog has disappeared.
6. The monsoon came. The plant began to grow tall.
7. He fired his gun. The tiger sprang on him.
8. The sun was extremely hot. They postponed their journey.
9. The emperor passed away with a great mystery. His eldest son ascended the throne.
10. The storm ceased. The normalcy started to restore.
11. The sun rose. The fog cleared away. The lighthouse was seen less than a mile away.
12. The game was over. We left the field.
13. The spring advances. Swallows appear.
14. Rain was plentiful this year. Everything is cheap now.
15. The school bus was late. The students had to wait for fifteen minutes.
16. My loan is clear. I have nothing to care for.
17. The lunch Was over. The officers engaged in their work.
18. The traveller lost the direction. He went on searching for a shelter.
19. The situation was difficult. We decided to proceed no longer.
20. The dinner was over. We left the place.
D)By using Infinitive:
- He was very lazy. He could learn anything.
2. I heard of his good fortune. I was very glad.
3. The information is of no use to us. It has come too late.
4. He has a bicycle. He wishes to sell it.
5. I have a large family. It consists of ten members. I am to maintain it.
6. His misery is very great. He cannot put up with it.
7. I have many well-wishers here. They will stand by me.
8. I have told you all. There is nothing more to be said.
9. I will speak the truth. I am not afraid of the consequences.
10. He is very poor. He cannot bear all the expenses of his son’s education.
11. The man took out a knife. His intention was to frighten the old man.
12. There is no time. I cannot waste it.
13. He has some bills. He must pay them.
14. We have kept some fierce dogs. They will guard our house. They will keep away robbers.
15. He has five children. He must provide for them.
16. He came to me. He wanted to get some help.
17. I heard of his success. I was glad about that.
18. Lady Macbeth went into the chamber. Her object Was to murder Duncan.
19. I have many friends here. They will help me in my distress.
20) I have no money. I cannot lend you any.
E)By using Adverbs or Adverbial Phrase:
1. He is a bad boy. It is certain.
2. He is very intelligent. It is admitted by all.
3. He forgot his book. That was careless.
4. The train comes late. It is usual.
5. He applied for a free studentship. It was not granted.
6. I met him only once. It was in a railway carriage.
7. He reached. It was then evening.
8. I wanted to attend the meeting in time. It did not stop on the way.
9. He was not present there. It was very unfortunate.
10. He was dutiful. Everyone loves him.
11. I have read Bacon. It has profited me greatly.
12. He neglected his work. It was his intention to do so.
13. Boys grow up to be men. The growth is very slow. It cannot be seen.
14. He solved the problem. Its solution took him no time.
15. He answered all his questions. His answers were correct.
16. I avoided the man. It was my intention.
17. They killed the thief. It was unlawful.
18. I will help you. It is certain.
19. We tried to get his sympathy. We did not get it.
20. He reached the spot. It was noon at that time.
F)By using Preposition with Nouns or Gerunds.
- He was ill. He attended the meeting
2. I have rented this house. It belongs to my friend.
3. I had to struggle for life. Nobody helped me in any way.
4. I saw a hunter. He had a big gun in his hand.
5. I went through his answer scripts. I found no mistake in it.
6. He made a promise. He kept it also.
7. He was ill the last term. He was unable to attend school.
8. He was rude. I took no notice of him.
9. He amused us very much. He sang a funny song.
10. The prince was ill. The people heard of it. They crowded into the palace.
11. He took the law into his own hands. He was not justified in doing so.
12. The bugle sounded. The weary soldiers leapt to their feet.
13. He has gone to the dogs. There is no doubt about this.
14. You helped me. Otherwise, I should have drowned.
15. He set traps every night. He cleared his house of rats.
16. He is poor. But he is honest.
17. He offered me help. He showed no hesitation.
18. I resigned from my post. I avoided dismissal.
19. I had to manage everything. Nobody helped me in any way.
20. My daughter was returning from school. She had a bright face.